Journey into the UNKNOWN?

Photo: Chris Buckwald - Unsplash.com

Amongst other things, I am an author and a film producer.  I use those skills to communicate a message, a story, or share some information.  You will not be at all surprised to hear then, that I love watching films and that one of my favourite scenes is from, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.  Towards the end of the film, Indiana (the hero) has to step off of a cliff edge into a ravine.  He has to take a huge step off faith and following his father’s instruction, that is what he does.  He steps, yet does not fall.  As he changes his perspective, the previously invisible bridge is now seen, stretching out across the perilous ravine.

As we all start a new year, for many, we may feel like Indiana Jones as we step out into the unknown.  The last two years of pandemic have brought so much uncertainty for so many and as humans, we need a balance between certainty and uncertainty.  We can all make plans for the year ahead, which helps to establish a level of certainty, but plans can change, brought about by the unexpected disruptions of life.  Nevertheless, we adapt, we press on towards the goal, we finish the race and just like Indiana Jones, we follow our Heavenly Father’s instructions.

I am usually a very good planner, though, this year I am struggling.  The reason for my struggle; I have surgery planned for 11th January to rebuild my shoulder.  I've been waiting since an accident in June 2020 and it's been postponed several times, all for various reasons.  It is likely that it will be postponed again. So, I journey into the unknown (feeling like the intrepid explorer) and I write what I can, when I can, however God leads me.  I still expect to publish 3 more books this year.  This is despite the unknown, despite the pitfalls and the barriers.  I set SMART targets and know that despite hindrance, I will achieve.  How do I know this?  Well, God always sends the encouragers to bring balance to the hindrance.  They come in the form of friends, family, and especially other writers. The family of the Association of Christian Writers (ACW) is the greatest encourager.  Though many members are the same as me, with their own struggles, they always find time to motivate, support, and push each other on. I was inspired to write this blog after reading a blog by Wendy H. Jones and now I will commit to putting my plans for the year into writing.

Whatever you are planning for this year, I pray that it brings you happiness, hope, and joy.


Brendan is a Christian poet and author of 8 books, including 'The book of PSALMS in Rhyme.'  He lives in Stroud Gloucestershire.  There are 'self-made men' and 'God-made men', Brendan is the latter.  An associate speaker with Christian Vision for Men.  A member of the Association of Christian Writers.

Click here to visit Brendan's website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do you cope with disappointment?

Where is Your Website? - Ideas to be better seen.

What's in a name?